Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Unit 1 Day 1 Jesus is Your Way



This first day still blows my mind. So much to take in and remember. So much of what I knew about God that had been forgotten over the years. So many new dynamics - Christianity (our faith) is a relationship with a PERSON. That statement alone revolutionized my faith. I am no longer in love with the theory of God - who I've heard Him to be; not even who I've read Him to be, but I am in love with a living, breathing, emotion having, divine, all-powerful PERSON. The He in, "He gave His one and only Son..." means something a little more to me.

The desires that he has for me as I take this study - again are to hear him, see Him at work, join in his work. I remember the first time I was asked to help with Thanksgiving dinner when I was nine years old. I was the twelfth grandchild of thirteen and I had seven aunts who gathered to cook at my grandmother's house on Thanksgiving Eve. They never needed anyone else. They brought pots and pans. They talked and laughed together and I remember sitting outside the saloon doors that led to my grandmother's kitchen and I listened -the stuff I learned!

Then one day, I don't know how it happened, but I was handed a glass and told to cut the biscuits that had been rolled out on the table. They handed me the glass! I began cutting buscuits. I stayed really close to the edge at first all the way around just as I had seen my mom do it. I then cut the middle pieces having a few odd shapes. It was a proud moment. I had been asked to join them in their work - pretty important thing a Thanksgiving meal. Not as important as joining God though. Not as important as advancing the kingdom by living the way God has for us to live, and loving the way He has for us to love or forgiving the way He has for us to forgive. God hands us glasses all the time - a few of us take them and know what an honor is it.

I have to comment on Jesus being our map. How many times in our lives have we allowed someone to lead us somewhere? The weatherman leads me in what I choose to wear the next day to work. The Home Depot commercials lead me in where I choose to buy my lawnmower - okay, so maybe that's Sears, but still you get the point. How often do we really follow the leading of Jesus? How often is He our map to get from one place to another? I mean our intentional map. How often do we say, 'I am going to do what Christ DID to get to this place or that"? Let's be intentional about that. We refer to maps quite often. Hmmm....

Day 1.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just wanted to respond so you know everything is working. I thought day 1 was amazing. I so look forward to seeing what God has for each of us on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Thank you. I will grow with blogging as I blog. Enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete